Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Sweetness of Life

My husband is kind and funny and supportive and smells like...good.  Even when I am seethingly angry at him - which happens so rarely that I can count the instances that this has happened in the last 6 years on one hand - I can look at him and see everything I love about him.  He is my best friend.  I can honestly say that I love him more and more everyday.  I am enjoying the opportunity we have to redefine our relationship as parents, while staying true to the people we were before Lucy came along.

My daughter is delicious. She's beautiful and healthy and soft and fat and warm (she smells like good, too). I was blessed enough to give birth to her in my own home, surrounded by people who I love.  Everyday I marvel at her perfection.  I delight in her smile, her laugh (as hard as THAT is to earn!), her growing skills.  I look at her and I cannot wait to see who she will become.  I am so honored that God entrusted this little soul to my keeping and I pray I will have the strength and patience to help her create her own precious and wonderful life.

I have an amazing family. My sisters and brothers (Jason, Karyn, Kim, Rebecca, Lynette and Jonathan) are all gorgeous, loving, creative, generous souls.  I am so lucky to have them as my family.  My parents are no less than saints.  They raised the aforementioned seven wonderful souls with love, humor, patience and more patience.  I have 2 nieces who are a joy to watch as they grow up. 

I love my in-laws.  How often does that happen?

I have a good job.  I have a beautiful house.  Even when things feel tight, I know there is always enough.

I am healthy.  I am strong. 

I am so blessed.  So very, very blessed.  And everyday, my magical pile of blessings gets deeper and deeper around me. 

Every now and then it just hits me how wildly content I am.  This is not the life I planned.  And if you had asked me 10 years ago, this is not even the life I wanted. 

But my God, it is so sweet.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment