Saturday, August 21, 2010

Getting Excited!

Lucy is going to be a year old soon!  My GOODNESS how this year has flown by!!  I just can't believe it.  I was sort of dreading the whole first birthday party thing.  I didn't want to feel like I had to have a huge party for a baby, but I also want to celebrate the fact that we managed to survive our first year as parents.  Kevin wanted to keep it just family, I wanted to invite all my mama friends and Lucy's little play buddies - who I am pretty sure she doesn't remember yet, but give her time!!  I am pretty sure most of this has to do with making his parents comfortable...I believe they are slightly ochlophobic (afraid of crowds...which, ironically, we will have even if it is just family).

So we compromised.  We would have the offical birthday party on the Saturday after her birthday and a birthday playdate on her actual birthday with my mama friends and their kids.  So far the playdate is bursting at the seams with people!  YIKES!  It is on a weekday, so I assumed it would end up being small...I was mistaken!

I was going to totally keep it playdate-y only, with some snacks and birthday cupcakes, but now I am starting to think I might go overboard.
My little Belle at 4 weeks...
Getting bigger...3 months old
...and bigger...6 months...
...nine months...

...11 months...and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment