Saturday, November 27, 2010

Things I Don't Want to Forget

Time is just zooming past.  I remember before I had a baby thinking how fast the seasons flew by, but the feeling that time is going in fast forward is compounded by this beautiful child I am watching grow up every day.  I know full well that I will only have a sketchy memory of this time, so here are some things I hope never to foget.

Lucy covers her face with a napkin or a hat and wobbles about the house with her face covered.  Sometimes she falls into me or the couch.  Sometimes she trips on something, falls down and says "oos" (oops).  And then she does it again!

One night recently, after nursing before bed, she did the sign for "thank you" then the sign for "sleep".  I took this to mean, "Thank you for the milk, Mama.  Time to sleep."

Speaking of sweet nursing moments, two days ago, se unlatched, giggled, kissed my boob, then went back to nursing.  So sweet!

She has discovered her reflection - and LOVES the baby she sees there.  The "baby in the window" is her reflection in the big picture windows in the living room.  We'll say "where's the baby in the window?"  She'll toddle over to the window and spend 10 minutes saying "hi" and kissing her reflection.

She likes to lift her her shirt up and show off her belly.

She says "mees" instead of "please".

When she really wants something, she desperately does the sign for "please" - rubbing her whole belly and chest with a look of utter pleading on her face.

She often toddles around the room with her index finger in her nose.

She is a Baby Signing Time addict.  She'll sign "please" and say "Baby sign?".  Then if I don't
it give it to her, she does the sign for "sign" and says "siiiiiiiiiiiiiign?"  If I still don't relent, she does the sign for "baby" and the sign for "sign"...at the same time and then more "MEEEEEEEEEES?"

She loves putting things through the bars of her play space.  She puts it through or drops in over and says "oos". 

I am sure this will be the first of many of these types of posts.  How does the heart hold so much, but the brain fail so completely at all the tiny details that make up the moments of our lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment